i bought the tank last week and the first few days it was crystal clear now its very cloudy. im not sure how big the tank is but i bought the tank and got 7 fish so im sure its not over populated or the person at the pet shop would have said something. im not sure what type of fish they are either but they are white and black and pretty small (like 1 inch long)
at first i thought it was the filter because when i poke the rocks with the net bits of food and poop come out of it. i went back to the pet shop and the girl said that the filter is fine but i might be overfeeding. she said to empty a quarter of the tanks water every 2 days and replace it with clean water.
i went home emptied the tank and put new water in and fed the fish less but it got cloudy even when i changed the water every 2 days and its still very coudy whats wrong??
the water also gets hot sometimes. if i open the top to feed them and i can feel heat coming from the water. i dont put the light on during the day and the weather is always cold.
the fish are like some of the fancy goldfish but
some are black and some are white and there is 1 that is bron and gold (proper gold like a ring not orange)
they look most like Red Ryukin Goldfish except they arent red or orange
the tank is only 10 gallons and is sais the fish need a 30gallon tank, do i have a problem???
the pet shop had roughly a 30gallon tank (judging by the size of mine) and they had well over 100 of this type of fish in it it was PACKED full of them so i dont think a 30 gallon tank for 7 fish is a big deal for my tank
- What do I do to my fish tank water? Darth Mutt asked: Woke up at 7, fed my goldfish,...
- Why has my fish tank water turned so cloudy? Heidi asked: I just recently moved back home from living...
- Problems with cloudy tank water? Steven B asked: I have a 29 Gallon Tank in...
- There’s a transparent goop around my nephews’ dead goldfish in the water tank. What is it? jessy asked: I came home to my mom’s to find...
- Brackish Water tank is somewhat cloudy and smells bad? Justin U asked: I have a 2 week old brackish...
Filed Under Fish |